We welcome this guest post from Ben Johnson of Logoinn, a custom logo design service provider based in UK.
Years of marketing and branding activities make your logo the face of your company. People start to instantly recognize your logo when it appears on your marketing collateral. Naturally you like your logo and never want to let it go or change it.
However you may not be considering, that with changing times, design preferences and tastes change too. No wonder that large organizations update their logos to portray a more contemporary feel.
This however, does not mean that you should change your logo altogether. In this article we will discuss how improving small bits of elements in your logo can make it look new, fresh and inspiring, while maintain your legacy and brand image.
1. See your logo closely not being as a business owner rather being as a customer. What do you feel? Does the design appeal to you?
2. Are the color, font, style and other elements recognized easily?
3. Does it look fresh and modern?
4. Is it successful in portraying the business image to your target audience?
5. Is it compatible with all the advertising and marketing mediums?
6. Is it unique and doesn’t match with any other logo?
Reasons for face lift
Improving small bits of elements in your logo sometimes become crucial. There are several reasons that can justify the above mentioned comments:
1. Giving a new look to your logo can be eye-catching to viewers. The graphics, images, colors, fonts used in the logo must all reveal the aesthetic element of the design. If the logo you have does not meet the above standards, a logo redesign is highly recommended to earn benefits from it.
2. Fonts, colors, and all other elements in your logo should be located in such a way that they are easily visible to the viewers. If the fonts are hard to read, or the logo is over-crowded with too many colors, it tends to irritate the viewer, who is more likely not to recognize your logo next time he sees it. Whereas, simple and easy to recognize logo will allow the viewer to memorize it at a glance. If your current logo has necessary message buried that irritates the viewer in finding the purpose of your business, then a logo redesign is a turnkey solution to draw attention of the viewers.
3. The style of your logo is another very important factor. There may be several things that you look for and want to put in your logo. But at the same time you should keep in mind that the style should be similar to the aspects like the type of your business or the kind of your target audience. If the logo you own does not suitably portray your business purpose to the old customers, logo redesign is necessary in order to carry targeted message accurately and efficiently.
4. Logo design trends have been constantly changing. New trends like Web 2.0, Waves, and Organic 3D make logos look fresh and eye-catching. In addition, contemporary logos reflect the company’s image as an innovative and modern. Thus, if your logo is not according to contemporary logo design trends, you will be seen as old world compared to competition. Would you want that to happen or would you prefer redesigning your logo...
5. Take into account, how you are going to use your logo on different marketing and advertising mediums like billboards, brochures, letterheads, pens, buttons etc., your logo is meant to be versatile, and its design should bestowed to any use imaginable. But, if your logo is not compatible with all the available mediums, it’s better to consider a redesign.
In short, your company’s logo is one of the key elements to its potential success. Therefore, redesigning your logo with slight changes, not only looks appealing to customers, but also helps you in increasing the sales.
*Marketing Amnesia thanks Ben Johnson for contributing to it. Neither does Marketing Amnesia nor the regular author of this blog endorse Logoinn in anyway.